Rescuers thought the Great Dane had been neglected by his family but were shocked to learn the vet was to blame

Darla, a large dog, was admitted to AdoptADane Rescue Qld with a severe skin condition.

She had very little hair left on her body, was very depressed and in severe pain. It became clear to rescuers that Darla was most likely suffering from shingles.

They all assumed it was a case of neglect, but the truth turned out to be much worse.

The family took Darla to the vet and also sought a second opinion, but the vets in their area were not very good, and none of them diagnosed her with shingles. Instead, after 6 months of her deteriorating condition, the vets recommended that she be put to sleep.

The family didn’t want to see her suffer anymore, but they didn’t want to put her to sleep either. Fortunately, they found AdoptADane Rescue Qld and asked the rescuers to take her in.

Feeling responsible and guilty for her condition, they gave her to the rescuers, asking them to rescue her.

“They were very nice people, they just didn’t know what they were dealing with,” rescue officials said.

It was a lot of work, but the rescuers were able to make a difference in Darla’s health. The dog, who had been sick for six months, recovered in two years. Rescuers also found a loving home for her.

Darla’s story is certainly a cautionary tale that doctors can be wrong.

But fortunately, Darla had a family who eventually found her help, albeit at a cost.

Share Darla’s story with your friends and family.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *